Read the Zinaja Team Pro Tips to follow when preparing your home for sale!
Zinaja Team at Realty Smith is a one-stop shop for all your real estate needs. Read below through our “home selling guide” to learn how you can get ahead of the competition and maximize the value of your home!
Selling a house on your own can be very frustrating and time-consuming. There is advertising, holding open houses, arranging private showings, negotiating purchase offers, understanding contract contingencies, and tons of complicated paperwork to fill out. It’s best to put these tasks in the hands of professionals, sit back and relax.
A Realty Smith professional will:
- Educate you on today’s market as well as the value of your property by doing a professional analysis of the market
- Listed to your objectives
- Provide home staging advice and suggest “curb appeal” changes that will help draw buyers in
- Help you understand what seems to be endless paperwork and make sure that all disclosures are filled out in a legally correct way
- See that any repairs or requirements are done prior to the closing
- Negotiate on your behalf with the buyers, other agents, escrow/closing, title people and attorneys and see that the entire process is handled in your best interest
We will advertise your home through a variety of proven methods, including local publications and online Multiple Listing System listings.
We will showcase your home as part of our site’s Featured Listings.
Preparing your home for sale can make a HUGE difference in the time it takes to sell it.
- Spruce up gardens and lawns; trim shrubbery and replace dead plants.
- The yard and patio should be neat; outdoor furniture should be clean and in good shape.
- Clean or paint your front door – remember first impressions last longest!
- Manicure your front yard, driveway, and entry – you can’t sell what you can’t see.
- Check that door numbers, mailbox, and exterior lighting are all in good repair.
- Touch up with fresh paint as needed.
- Inspect chimney for cracks or earthquake damage.
- Repair loose trim, drainpipes and fencing.
- Clean stains; clean window screens.
- Remove clutter; tidy up shelves.
- Wash floor so it looks clean and spacious.
- Apply fresh paint as needed…brighten your interiors with neutral-toned paint.
- Clean draperies and carpets.
- Replace burned-out light bulbs.
- Clean fireplace, remove smoke stains from wall and mantle.
- Sinks, appliances and countertops should sparkle without any clutter.
- Wax the floor.
- Clean oven, range and other appliances.
- Clean tile and grout; replace if necessary.
- Clean mirrors, glass, chrome and porcelain surfaces.
- Replace shower curtain if necessary.
- Fix any faucet drips or leaks.
- Clean tile, grout and caulking; replace if necessary.
- Doors and drawers should open and close easily.
- Remove clutter; tidy up shelves and racks.
- Shoes and clothes should be neatly arranged.
- Check the basics around the house. It takes just a minute to check all doors, windows and cabinets to make sure they don’t stick, squeak or are too loose.
- Clean your furnace & water heater, so buyers know they are looking at a house that has been well maintained.
If you list your home with Zinaja Team at RealtySmith, we will report regularly to you and keep you informed of all relevant information including:
- Broker & client feedback from open houses and private viewings
- Advertising notifications and your home’s marketing activities
- Any new market data or trends in regards to the sale of your home
- Suggested changes to the marketing plan or pricing strategy
Sell your house through Zinaja Team! Contact us to get started.